Saturday, February 18, 2012

Customer loyalty a love story part two: comparisons and deja vu


I’ve often pondered customer loyalty. The rivalry’s the fanboyism the guilt when you finally admit to yourself that Kinect is better than the move. Why do we go through these roller-coasters of emotion and elation? Why do they feel so familiar?

Finally I believe I have found the answer I sought for so long. Customer loyalty feels familiar because we practice it every day in our relationships. Or more specifically our friendships. I remember my first rivalry it was my three friends and I against another group of girls. All we would talk about was how we were better bigger badder. Not ten years after that I was arguing with my Xbox loving friends and insisting that the ps3 was better bigger badder. As I focus now I recall similarities in my own relationships. My first fan boy experience was lil bow wow he could do no wrong in my eyes when he sang about loving fish instead of insisting he had no taste I was jealous that he could find fish delicious and I couldn’t.

Finally I came to my last comparison, guilt. Most of the time these days I feel guilty for looking at an Xbox and wishing I had one. And yet just a few years ago I experienced those same emotions when I had admitted for myself just for a second that I wished that I was friends with the other girl the one with the nice birthday parties at chuck e cheese. But we would never be friends for our loyalties wouldn’t allow it just like I had inherited my feud with this girl I barely knew I had also inherited PlayStation’s rivalry with Xbox.  However sad that makes me its how my world works. I'm an easy target a naturally loyal person I was lost to Xbox the moment I picked up a psp.

1 comment:

  1. Well written loyalty is everything today in relationships as well as business. Your followers, friends, etc are your greatest assets.

    ReplyDelete