Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An American Fanboy


The Urban dictionary describes a Fan boy as “a person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not.” If you were to change “game or company” to country than you would have me. Some might say I am simply describing a patriot. Yet I feel that that term no longer fits me. I don’t believe in my country yet I love her. I see the corruption and greed compromising the structure of a once great nation and I open my arms and embrace her. Because my love for her is blind but I still see all. And the only appropriate title I could find was ‘Fan boy’ a term used to describe something as trivial as a gaming system fan. But yet it completely defines me. I am a Fan boy I am completely loyal to my country and to use the websites rather unimaginative wording I care not whether my country sucks or not. all I know is that America is me and I am her.

Sadly I see a future hopefully not in my lifetime when America is naught but a story to tell kids before bedtime and a footnote in the annals of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment