Saturday, January 21, 2012

america the doomed


When I was younger the world was simple the republicans were the bad guys and the democrats were the knights in shining armor. However the upcoming farce of an election has forcefully and painfully ripped my rose color shades off my face and forced me to realize a new truth. My country is in danger. Right now I no longer care if the president is republican, democrat or even the ghost of Christmas past. As long as they can heal my beloved country and make it so I can say to the new immigrant yes our streets may not be paved in gold but we have a booming economy and jobs to spare. However back in this reality we tax the secretary more than her millionaire boss even when he asks for higher taxes. In what world does that make sense?
Obama promised change but besides healthcare and Osama bin laden what do we have? I don’t know if Obama is just not forceful enough to get congress to pass his bills which would help the American people or if he’s simply another lying politician? The republican nominees are no better unlike Obama I know there hearts aren’t in the right place and I fear that if elected their conservatism and focus on the past will strangle America’s future. For how can a country grow if it’s always looking back? Not to mention our country is basically a joke Known mostly for its arrogance and bad eating habits. But we have nothing to be arrogant about and at a time when money is tight and jobs are scarce should we really be stuffing our faces?
When I was younger id joke that if things got really bad here id move to Switzerland. However that seems to no longer be a smart option seeing as how a scarce few month ago both the Swiss franc and gold took a nose dive. Is this the end? Could it be that in just a few years’ time there will no longer be any safe harbors left? I shudder to think of how much worse our world can get for how can we bailout Italy and Greece if we too need a bailing out? But that’s just one problem. Also we have a broken government so corrupt that we expect our politicians to lie to us. Yet we insist it’s the people in it. Let’s face it honor and integrity in politics are dead Seen as nothing but a weakness. Yet we cling to a system that would only work if they had those qualities. Sad is it not? Yet what will you do America? Will you change your government or will you go down in flames?

No comments:

Post a Comment