Friday, November 11, 2011

Upgrades


A few months ago i was viewing an app on my cellphone that kept me up to date on the latest occurrences in the consumer tech world. As i perused the articles on display i came across something that felt like the greatest betrayal. There on my 4.3 inch screen in bold type were the words htc sensation XE. I wanted to cry i had barely had my htc sensation for a week or so and already its successor was here. I went around in a daze for two days and then my cynical side showed itself when news of the htc sensation XL came out. I muttered a few words about blood sucking leeches and admitted to myself that i didn’t need a sensation XL or XE i was perfectly happy with my plain old sensation. I was lucky the XL and XE were Europe only America was not getting her hands on it anytime soon and i was granted a temporary reprieve. Sadly this was only a preview of the world we live in. my phone was nowhere near fulfilling its potential yet i was ready to trade it in for its upgrade which was only marginally better than the original. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony had it right. There systems have years of life in the and there eventual replacements are always extremely better than the one before. I would trade in new cellphones coming out constantly to maybe letting these phones breath and grow into themselves so that their upgrades are strides in there field not a $600 shuffle step.

No comments:

Post a Comment